Monday, January 5, 2015

Witches Brew Stew (Chicken)


Witches Brew Stew

~1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded

~ 1 onion, chopped

~1 (10 oz.) package frozen corn (I used 3/4 package of Trader Joe’s fire-roasted corn, comes in a 16 oz. pkg)

~2 (15 oz.) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained, and divided

~1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained

~1 (28 oz.) can Ro*Tel Original, (turn up or down the heat on your potion with mild or hot)

~1 package taco seasoning (I used reduced sodium)

~1 (32 oz.) carton chicken stock (I used reduced sodium)

~2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

~1/2 cup milk

 

Preparation:

Add all ingredients into cauldron/slow cooker, reserving 1 can of Great Northern Beans, flour and milk.

Cook on low 6 – 8 hours.

 Mash remaining can of beans in a small bowl.Whisk together flour and milk, and stir into beans. Add to slow cooker during last 2 hours of cooking time.

Add toppings to custom blend your brew. . .

Green Onion aka Scale of Dragon

 Cilantro aka Toe of Frog

Jalapeños aka Eye of Newt 

Cheddar Cheese aka Root of Hemlock

Sour Cream aka Maw of Shark

No comments:

Post a Comment